Sunday, August 31, 2014

Blog 2

I've been thinking more about if I started a business making children's clothes. What can I do to make my business STAND out more than the others besides prices? As I said in my earlier blog...there a LOTS of other people making children's clothes and trying to make a business of it. I don't want my business to just be a short lived fad.

On the other hand, I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea if I also did other crafts and added them to the business, like diaper cakes...towel wedding cakes...hard to find craft materials... The problem with diaper cakes is that the materials are expensive no matter how hard I try to keep the expenses low. You have the diapers, which takes about three jumbo packs, receiving blankets, burp clothes, hood bath towel, rattles, etc. I have only made these cakes for close friends and family because of the expense. I've had people to ask me why I don't try to sell them on ebay. The answer is pretty simple...People will not buy it because of the amount of money I have to get out of it just to break even is more than they want to pay for it. My diaper cakes usually cost me about $75 - $125 to make. That's not adding anything in for my time and work on it. But I do LOVE making them.

Here are some pictures of diaper cakes I've made in the past and a towel wedding cake I made:








No comments:

Post a Comment